Hello everyone! 🙂
It’s been a while since I did a Q&A post here (sorry about that). Many of you were intrigued by the idea of a reverse Q&A, where I ask you things I’m curious about. So after tackling a few of your questions, I’ll ask you some of my own!
1) Will the Predzels be in any future books?
I’m not sure yet. I haven’t planned to include them, but they may appear in a future story if they could help the main characters.
2) Did Sigurd get Gleym back?
Yes, definitely. 🙂 I love the fact that you remembered to ask about her!
3) Do we know what happened to Jigson’s parents?
Oh, I can’t wait for you to read Hunting in the Highlands! The answer is yes!
4) How much of the Hrein Orka in Iceland Intrigue is based on real science, and how much is fiction?
It’s mainly fiction … but who knows? Maybe there are principles of it that someone has yet to discover 😉
5) What is the significance of ‘Twelve Lemons’?
It’s a phrase with quite a personal meaning for Jigson and Detective Mortimer – otherwise it wouldn’t have guaranteed Jigson’s identity in Iceland Intrigue.
Is it part of a big mystery? Or is it something more innocuous? Will they spill the beans in Book 8? … Maybe!
6) When you wrote Hunting the Highlands did you plan out the whole book before you started writing?
Yes. I did make a careful plan so that the book would progress with logical structure and so I would know where the story was going – it had the potential to be quite confusing with characters splitting up and traipsing all over Scotland.
But the need to be flexible arose when I reached the end and realized that the climax was not right for the story … so a whole new ending had to be written!
Do you have burning questions for a future post? Send them via the contact page!
Now … here are my questions for you! 🙂
1. Who are your top 2 favourite male characters?
2. Who are your top 2 female characters?
3. Who is your favourite villain? (Miss Verton, Lewis Nickel, Bud Larone, Rolf/escaped convicts, Dainn, Herr Klaus, or someone else?)
4. Which is your favourite title in the series, and why?
5. Should one of the characters be in a relationship/courtship? Who and why? (I’m not promising anything by asking this 😉 I’m genuinely curious! 🙂 )
I look forward to finding out what you think! 🙂